How to setup your Creator account on Instagram?
Instagram’s conditions have changed which means that you now have to go through Facebook. Following recent changes by Instagram, your account needs to be professional to be connected to the Influence4You platform.
This page will help you to sign up to Influence4You with you Instagram account or help you to apply to campaigns if you are having any difficulties.
This is really important to be aware of so that you can access campaigns and continue to receive great products and make money from your feed!
What does this change?
You now need to reconnect so that brands can see your profile, your most recent posts and so that you can put your post on the platform once done (which is the important bit to be paid!).
Why am I unable to link my account?
You now need to have a professional account to be able to link it to our platform. There are 2 options:
- Business account: for businesses, brands, etc
- Creator account: for influencers, artists, etc – this is the one that you need
You must therefore have an Instagram ‘creator account’ before signing up to the platform. If you are already registered, you can go into your account settings (my account > my networks) and reconnect your Instagram.
How do I become a ‘professional account’ on Instagram?
- Go to Settings, then > ‘Account’
- Click > ‘Switch to professional account’ at the bottom of the screen
- Choose your type of account (creator account)
- Choose the category that best describes you (actor, blogger, etc)
- Check your personal info (phone and mail)
- Connect a Facebook page (create one if you don’t have one)
Nb: Although it is not mandatory to link your account to a Facebook page to become a creator account, it is unfortunately necessary to link a Facebook page to your Instagram to connect your Instagram to our platform.
7. That’s it! You now have a creator account and can enjoy new features including more advanced statistics!
You will now be able to link your account to the Influence4You platform. Click on ‘connect my Instagram’: a Facebook page will open. Enter your info to link the Facebook page associated to your Instagram pro account. Click ‘yes’ when it asks you to show the list of ‘pages’ that you manage.
Reminder: connecting your Facebook/Instagram to the platform does not give us any right to your account or publications on your account or access to your personal info/password.
OK, but it’s still not working for me! Help!
The first thing to find out is which Facebook account and Instagram did you link to the platform ?
To check this, go to: Settings > Account > Linked Accounts > Facebook
On Instagram, tap ‘Edit profile’ In ‘Profile information’ go to ‘Page’. Make sure a Facebook page appears here and add one if not.
When linking your Instagram account to the Influence4You platform using Facebook, you must make sure you are properly logged in to the right Facebook account, that this account is the owner of the page mentioned in your profile.
Next, when you connect on Facebook, you must:
- Allow all requested permissions
- Grant access to the page connected to the Instagram account
If the permission requests and the page/account settings are validated, the connection should work without a problem.
- On Facebook tap ‘Edit settings’
Select your Instagram account(s). Only accounts linked to the Facebook page will be displayed here
Select your Facebook page(s). Only tick pages linked to the Instagram accounts you selected during the previous step
- Allow all requested permissions
When all these steps are done correctly, everything should run smoothly.
Still no luck?
If you are already signed up on Influence4You:
- Start by disconnecting your account on Influence4You using this link: https://www.influence4you.com/user/networks, and then try reconnecting.
- If this doesn’t work, disconnect your account on Influence4You and on Facebook using this link: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools and then try to connect your account again directly on Influence4You.
If you are not yet signed up:
If the connection doesn’t work, delete the link on Facebook on this page: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools and then retry connecting via Influence4You.
Any questions? 🤔
Our team will get back to you, contact us here: contact@influence4You.com
See you soon on Influence4You!